Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Parade Floats and Caramel Cheesecake Trivia

Taking advantage of my time off of both of my jobs (due to the off season, not vacation days) we went on an adventure today to see the Tournament of Roses Parade Floats in Pasadena. This was a bigger ordeal than I perceived it to be only because of the lack of parking and how many people were there! It was like Disneyland on the most crowded day during a parade when you just wanna cross to another land and can't quite get to the Partners statue. (That'll make sense to the Disney freaks)

The floats were very interesting to inspect from a designers point of view. I loved seeing how much planning and detail work had to go into each one of them. Even the tow hitches were covered in some plant/natural accent. Some of the floats were very uninspiring while others were just outstanding. The four of us all had different favorite ones but mine was the Dr. Seuss "oh the places you'll go" (there were actually two of them and both were awesome and linked....like a sequel float.)

Trying to decide on a place to eat afterwards was difficult (as it always is for us) but we finally decided on Hooters in Burbank. The main part of the place was filled with "Gators" who were very loud and had Gators' trivia going on over the restaurant's sound system....ugh! Even the Hooters girls were over it all. We had great service and since none of us had ever eaten there before it was an adventure.   The highlight was the Hooter's Trivia on the few flatscreens that weren't showing Gators or other sporting events. I L.O.V.E. trivia games, especially computer ones, but this one was not as fun for me because it was mostly sports questions (always my weakest subject). If you earn enough trivia points (thru your smartphone--which I appreciate) you get free food/discounts on your bill. Had we played every game from the moment we walked in we would have gotten our dessert for free but maybe next time.

I was very happy that all four of us had on my hat creations while we walked around everywhere. We got a lot of stares and some big compliments on my Lorax hat ( https://www.etsy.com/listing/95168372/lorax-tribute-hat-fan-art-speak-for-the )and my mom's cookie monster hat. ( https://www.etsy.com/listing/94977769/me-love-cookies-cookie-monster-tribute )

Here's to new artistic adventures, showing off my shop and yummy caramel cheesecake for dessert, even when you have to pay full price for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment