Friday, January 4, 2013

Figuring out a Signature Style

I love watching old movies from the 1930s-1960s. Women all had this amazing sense of style and really put effort into how they presented themselves. The had their own signature style.

I consider the day a success if I get out of my sweats....which I didn't today. In my defense I really needed a lazy day and I still left the house to donate a car full of stuff to the thrift store.

I was thinking about how my university "re-branded" itself my senior year and had a new logo and EVERYTHING and I mean E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. had that new logo and the website printed on it. You knew instantly when you got something in the mail that it was from the school--every page within the website had that logo prominently displayed.

I've been thinking about doing that to my shop for some time now. In fact one of my very talented artist friends is in the process of designing me my very own logo! She is incredibly gifted with pen and ink (among many other mediums) and has shown me several different options and will be fine tuning the one I chose soon.

*****************************************************************

I also need to figure out a "signature style" for items in my shop. A lot of the shops I really admire specialize in one type of item but I make several different items that are all connected.

Maybe I'll just start making everything with skulls (like I tried out again today) or hearts or stars or something. We'll just have to wait and see where life and inspiration take me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment