Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Inspiration Everywhere

I like to find inspiration in my everyday life---today I found it with over 500 students (4th-12th grade) playing string instruments onstage together at work. It made me remember when I was in elementary school and learned how to play the flute. In junior high I was first chair and it came easily to me, I think music works well with my brand of OCD. Numbers and patterns and repetition. The same reasons why I like to crochet so much. When I don't let my OCD out to play in constructive ways it starts to eat away at my every thought process and preoccupies me to the point of aggravation. So I find tasks that I enjoy that put it to good use and the more I do the less it bothers me in other aspects of my life---a good trade-off. It works for me and I guess that's all I can hope for. I don't know how people without OCD function but I'm not jealous, sometimes I'm curious but I believe it helps me with work.

In other news, I auditioned for a play for the first time in over a year tonite---I forgot how freeing it feels! I'll find out within the next two days if I got it or not. I don't even know if it will work with my duel work schedules and other activities but I really like this play and the venue is super close to my house. Updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment