Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Costume Stuffs

http://www.berkeleyhat.com/top-hats-derbies.html

Just found some rocking hats from Berkeley, Ca. Figures, awesome stores from the awesome city I want to live in--hopefully soon!

I've been spending tons of time lately being social (which hasn't happened an awful lot in the past few months) going to the L.A. Zoo, kayaking, mini golf, having an old friend stay the weekend with us and it was great to be around people I really enjoy. 

I've also been spending entirely too much/not enough time working on my http://www.labyrinthmasquerade.com/ costume. Then tonite I found out that I might be going both nights----super excited!! The other side of that is that I need to make a second costume. I have some ideas that seem easier than the one I'm currently working on but that's still time and energy and money I need to allot for. Whew.

I've also spent some time working on a toddler sweater for some distant cousins--I keep thinking I'm making mistakes. Its the first time I've (successfully) worked with Lion Brand Homespun yarn. I don't know how people use it all the time, I can't see the stitches I'm working on clearly and it just drives my OCD crazy! (Noticing how often I just exclamation points while typing---don't worry, I use them a lot in real life too. I tend to feel my feelings and express them clearly.)  Its also a dark purple color which does not help with the whole seeing of the stitches thing--oh well, its a learning experience my cousins are excited for it to be done and in their procession. Gotta keep it going! <----There I go again. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh--and I think I want to be blonde! It all started with the bottom half of my hair being stripped so it could be dyed purple and the purple didn't take, twice. So now I'm thinking about going blonde for a few months then doing some more fun colors like purple sunrises or glittering rainbows. I've been letting my hair rest for a year now and taking vitamins to get it back to healthy so now its game on. >:)

No comments:

Post a Comment