Saturday, June 15, 2013

No muses, a big sad, and not enough wine

So since our move to the Bay Area I've hardly picked up my crocheting at all. I just haven't had the urge and there's just so much to explore (btw, I just kept hitting the ' key and got pissed when it wasn't showing up and changing where I was on the page.....I was actually hitting where the ' key is on my phone's QWERTY keypad and not on the actual computers, duh). I do have to make some items soon as I need to do my wig for the Labyrinth of Jareth Ball, but there's just so many other things on my mind lately.

I also had someone who has been very dear to my for nearly 20 years hurt me, saying things just to be mean and very single-sided and coming from a place of fear. I know I will have to deal with this very soon (probably a phone call tomorrow) but life, especially with family, is very complicated and sometimes there's just no way to explain things to someone who wasn't involved when they happened, or why, or why you take it so personally. Sometimes its better to keep things to yourself but I've always had a problem with that one.

I also have a hard time interacting with people who are outside of my usual world. Sometimes there's just something about people that makes you instantly click with them and you can just meet their eye and have a kind of kindred connection and have immediate inside jokes without a word. I had some of those tonite among a larger group who I did not necessarily click with. Most of the knowing looks involved realizing it was time to get another drink......and sometimes there is just not enough wine to keep everyone distracted and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment