Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I'm still here

It was pointed out today that I hadn't updated my blog in quite a while.

Well after being super busy with work all winter we found out that the bf got hired for a new job in Oakland, 6 hours and over 350 miles from our home. We had a few weeks to pack up everything and in two waves, we moved.

Its been a wave of emotions since I got up here and although for the most part I think its a good thing I do miss my friends a lot. I always thought I didn't have a lot of close friends but now that I can't see them 'whenever', its become very apparent that those people are my family and its so special whenever I get to see them or even skype or talk to them now.  I've been back twice since the move (once for another carload full of belongings and to use a Disneyland ticket one of the aforementioned friends got me as a moving present and another trip for a theatre gig while I was between jobs up here) and I love seeing my people.

It sucks to see that so many of my people are going thru trying times now that I'm so far away. I try to do my best to be supportive but I always feel like I could and should be doing more.....again with the perfectionism and OCD (see past entries).

*****************************************************

As for my crafts, well I've started a few projects since the great unpacking but have yet to finish one single thing. I did however, sell my prototype wig! So glad it got to go to a new home :)

I need to get focused again and work on myself, my business and my organization instead of trying to adventure so much around my new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment